“Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend savage”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the Pacific
|Faith||Cult of Loh|
The Loh of Aenglaland is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its lack of airports, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 23.642 billion Felinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 53.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Felinian economy, worth a remarkable 5,322 trillion Golden CatŪs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 225,140 Golden CatŪs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Gambling is outlawed, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, foreign leaders never seem to want to shake hands with Leader, and sales of trenchcoats are on the rise. Crime is totally unknown. Aenglaland's national animal is the Original Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of Loh.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aenglaland lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Aenglaland lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Aenglaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Aenglaland's influence in The Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Aenglaland was endorsed by The Star Fox of Jar Wattinree.
- : Aenglaland was endorsed by The Lucky Space Age Kingdom of Gladinia.
- : Aenglaland endorsed The United States of Nova Stanley.
- : Aenglaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Aenglaland was endorsed by The United States of Nova Stanley.
- : Aenglaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.