“AESLAND STRONK!!!” Chancellor Aescius Avus Aurelius
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
|Leader||Chancellor Aescius Avus Aurelius|
The Federal Republic of Aesland is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Aescius Avus Aurelius with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.321 billion Aeslandics enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aethian City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.2%.
The powerhouse Aeslandian economy, worth 115 trillion Aureuses a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 87,134 Aureuses, with the richest citizens earning 7.6 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians have seen a significant reduction in followers on their social media accounts, anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return, and suburban families are finding themselves increasingly short on food as they waste precious water on their lawns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Aesland's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, suburban families are finding themselves increasingly short on food as they waste precious water on their lawns.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, politicians have seen a significant reduction in followers on their social media accounts.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, minorities play dumb to get more welfare payments.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates.
- : Aesland endorsed The North Pacifican Delegate of Francois Isidore.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods".
- : Following new legislation in Aesland, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
Endorsements Received: 185 » Guer Aike, Aerilia, Newpromisedland, Hardscrabble, Orado, Lulubellia, Yaorozu, Cretox State, Kragsgale, The Rhein States, Frances Francis the First of France, Bankowiata, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Shibutani, Pasargad, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sevinland, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Slyakanya, Hamerica, Valentine Z, Dreadton, Seijitsu, Republica Guilleana, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Sunto, Corfad, Former English Colony, Blyskalia, Zzozona, Kranostav, Votak Matim, Pytong, Climeria, Odelinor, Siwale, Ellbonnia, Loutsland, Koda-Land, Territorio di Nessuno, Nodnarb, Star Kingdom, New Lakemba, Empy, The Tampa Bay Rays, Notyoutopia, Ibarkla, 1 very fast endotarter, and 135 others.Wineclaw, Selfgradatude, Holy Oranz, Darkmondoria, The Iron Lions, Svenskskit, The Pantheons, Omnistria, The Serdey Islands, El Fiji Grande, Libertania Democratica, Bharathvarsh, East Akra, Illusia and Neverendia, Sikol, His Enduring Majesty, Pallaith, Xentherida, Heilhum Imperius, Joodey, Yokciq Empire, Que Lukustinardon, Sil Dorsett, Runeda, Planes, Wilkshire, Imperial Pieserged, Madjack, Draconian Progression, Ravendi, Shadowrik, The Mazur Empire, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Sachi, Glurponia, Daiz, Shinjuku tokyo 0, McMasterdonia, Paradeavenlisian States, Xipher, Volstokn, Moubarakistan, The Endless Eventide, Chips and Guac, Vesteysia, Kromi, Aoncarpa, Francois Isidore, Valgarda, PlanetMercury, Tyirza, Zemnaya Svoboda, Maott, Figyjharli, Galbadiana, Dangine, Qurtuba, Travislavania, Austrian Confederacy, Shahrukh, Xagill, Simone Republic, Yellops, Super Girl, Ice and Tinian, The Jerichowan Country, Mon Island, Xyrron, Strongwill, Steampunk Ariel, Siforpeo, Aryan Homeland, Naalfgarth, Cowbridge, Tsandonown, Defense For The World Assembly, Korean-Joseon, The Calabash Protectorate, Seanat, Novo cruzeiro, Tringapore, Libvillia, Malta Comino Gozo, ForestMythal, Imperial Sers, Greater Ale Permars, Ariele, Intion North, AmManies, Card Kingdom, Eternal Dominion, Merconitonitopia, Mazdia, Joseph Joestar 2nd part, Lundelbell, Sopernia, Bearical, Fizban, Unshleepd, Allevania, Muqatil, Nova Arcania, Lionia, Katuda, Nation1812, Sahriastan, Perikuresu, Outer Shenendoah, Tepe, Capablanca, British-Australia, The Blazeland Administration, Beta Cyndriel, Tibus Heth, Nimarya, New Celoveniortan, Liberum Hibernia, Capitalol, Pazair, Praeceps, Anonim, Zapiron, TyGerria, Palgo, Dabarastan, Venicea, Jaxikistan, New Michag, Nordic-British Union, United Soviet State of North Amerika, Toilet Man, Rising Sakura, Kazoo Basin, Eywaan, and Teothopia.