|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, prohibition of alcohol, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.11 billion Agalaesians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deiliannis. The average income tax rate is 80.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Agalaesian economy, worth 174 trillion Agalaors a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,529 Agalaors, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Concert halls sport signs proclaiming "No Shorts, Sandals or Swastikas", the nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agalaesia's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Elfism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agalaesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Agalaesia lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Agalaesia published "The Rejected Times: Brief News I" (Bulletin: News).
- : Agalaesia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Agalaesia endorsed The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind.
- : Agalaesia was endorsed by The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind.
- : Agalaesia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Emeseses.
- : Agalaesia endorsed The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Agalaesia was endorsed by The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Agalaesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.