“Even in the darkest of night there is hope”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Kingdom of Agaska is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.55 billion Agaskans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agaska City. The average income tax rate is 69.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Agaskan economy, worth 222 trillion Drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 87,293 Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, the Snapgram channel "Embarrassing Baby Leader Pics" has made Leader's mom a celebrity, and debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace. Crime is totally unknown. Agaska's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agaska was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Agaska voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Agaska endorsed The Kingdom of North East Somerset.
- : Agaska voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Agaska was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Agaska applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Agaska, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Agaska, the Snapgram channel "Embarrassing Baby Leader Pics" has made Leader's mom a celebrity.
- : Following new legislation in Agaska, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Agaska, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
Endorsements Received: None.