|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations
The Halo world of Agent-texas is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by project freelancer with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working population of 1.617 billion freelancers are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Welfare, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.5%.
The very strong freelancer economy, worth 106 trillion credits a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Automobile Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 66,001 credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, you don't need a smoking gun to arrest someone for promoting guns, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, and at the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agent-texas's national animal is the eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agent-texas's influence in The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Agent-texas altered its national flag.
- : Agent-texas relocated from Balder to The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations.
- : Agent-texas was refounded in Balder.
- : Agent-texas ceased to exist in The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations.
- : Agent-texas's influence in The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Agent-texas's influence in The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Agent-texas's influence in The Diplomatic Committee Of Nations rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Agent-texas changed its national demonym to "freelancer" and its demonym adjective to "freelancer".
- : Agent-texas changed its national nation type to "Halo world".