“Strength in Tradition, Power in Unity, Joy in Community”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: New Reich of Bunicken
|Leader||The Council of Thirteen|
The Most Serene Republic of Aglonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Council of Thirteen with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.272 billion Aglonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aglon City. The average income tax rate is 44.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Aglonian economy, worth 87.8 trillion Lire a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 68,997 Lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Federal Council of Aglonia has been announced as the new Head of State, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, anti-government web sites are springing up, and signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aglonia's national animal is the Whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Aglonian Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aglonia's influence in New Reich of Bunicken rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Aglonia's influence in New Reich of Bunicken rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Aglonia's influence in New Reich of Bunicken rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aglonia's influence in New Reich of Bunicken rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Aglonia relocated from First World Order to New Reich of Bunicken.
- : Aglonia was endorsed by The Imperial Federation of Franco-British-American Empire.
- : Aglonia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Mazke.
- : Aglonia was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Aglonia's influence in First World Order rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Aglonia's influence in First World Order rose from "Page" to "Squire".
Endorsements Received: None.