“The Star of Atlantis, The People of the Sun”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Truckler
|Leader||Prime Minister Adán Alexander de Pinto|
The Most Serene Republic of Aleixandria is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Adán Alexander de Pinto with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.49 billion Aleixandrans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Heliopolis. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Aleixandran economy, worth 258 trillion sicloes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,951 sicloes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", lending money has become a major liability, and attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high. Crime is totally unknown. Aleixandria's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aleixandria published "The Hymn to the Sun" (Factbook: Religion).
- : Aleixandria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Amelioration of Maritime Conditions".
- : Aleixandria changed its national motto to "The Star of Atlantis, The People of the Sun".
- : Aleixandria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc"".
- : Aleixandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Grays Harbor".
- : Aleixandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Borrower Rights".
- : Aleixandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools".
- : Aleixandria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Aleixandria's influence in Gay rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Aleixandria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
Endorsements Received: 27 » Gender rolls, Giscuambourg, Tyrrenian Kingdom, Commune de Paris-Dublin, Iizaarland, Gerbachanglia, Danean Republic, Loyale, Senshu, Kedykai, Kanis, Catanthia, Boabob, Free Zone Isles, Aravale, Pontiaki dimokratia, Zephron-Siparun, Blood Wine, No Hope, Lancs, Manonmanitopia, Bonum Locum, Ergyng, East Gondwana, Sessrumnr, Sunnsa, and Suicidistan.