|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Free Nations Region
The Nomadic Peoples of Alphabeth is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its lack of airports, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The democratic, devout population of 184 million Alphas enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 49.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Alphabethian economy, worth 11.1 trillion guldens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 60,497 guldens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Interest in globalism never flags, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alphabeth's national animal is the vogelbekdier, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alphabeth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, aeroplanes have been converted into housing units after all air travel was outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Alphabeth, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary.
Endorsements Received: 65 » My Nation, Slaughter None, Grand Abaco, Montserrat Republic, Emaha, Gabeopolis, Gufand, Narvatus, Literian, Amaryllisia, Ratakosha, Decitealis, Tricastinie, Xurisha, Laidir, The Nation of JH, Doctors Orvos, Hetairaea, Ulymein, Pathon, Rakkene, Indigoja, Alitani, Phoenician State, The United States Of NorthAmerica, Moka Pamplemousses, Zedyeg, South Asiania, La Montevideo, Ramokee, Terrarum, Tenionistland, Syrisia, Heinricherstein, Lanerfon, Sulivannia, Brezi, Kouper, Minas Motus, Gono3lan, Josskaland, Republic of Arstotska, Damerloodds, Joergen, The Aaronian Reich, RussellTopia, EileanDonan, BurgerKing, Tylil, Archargentina, and 15 others.Underwater Sovereignties, Arktown Island, Novostia, Tan Talaba, BellaJelly, Lovecraftopolis Puppet, Red Foxia, Memorium Land, Skaitan, Heaveria, BBoss, The Republic of Awesometopia, Stmagos, OF Arian Hellas, and Psych the TV Show.