“Ama et fac quod vis!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Democratic Republic of Amalea is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ultimate Drossart with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 7.625 billion Amaleans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valianor. The average income tax rate is 86.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Amalean economy, worth 810 trillion lire a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,356 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections, posters on 'Amalean Values' advise against being proud of Amalea, light entertainment isn't dead, and workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amalea's national animal is the golden dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Amalea's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Amalea, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Amalea changed its national motto to "Ama et fac quod vis!".
- : Amalea changed its national leader to "Ultimate Drossart".
- : Following new legislation in Amalea, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Amalea, posters on 'Amalean Values' advise against being proud of Amalea.
- : Following new legislation in Amalea, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections.
- : Following new legislation in Amalea, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Amalea was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Amalea was refounded in Lazarus.