“One for all and all for one”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The People's Republic of Ambristan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.16 billion Ambristanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 48.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ambristanian economy, worth 77.2 trillion lire a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 66,541 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids, a lack of funding for new shows has turned television into 24/7 re-runs, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Leader. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ambristan's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ambristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ambristan was endorsed by The United States of Imperial Eagle.
- : Ambristan was endorsed by The Federation of The Hellenes League.
- : Ambristan's influence in Geopolity rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Ambristan was endorsed by The FPCR of Vashnal.
- : Ambristan was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Ambristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Ambristan's influence in Geopolity rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ambristan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Anzoania.
- : Ambristan was endorsed by The People's Republic of Novaya Rossiyskaya Imperiya.