“Justice, Piety, Loyalty”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: Hsiao Han
The Queendom of Aoual is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.94 billion Aoualians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.3%.
The strong Aoualian economy, worth 288 trillion betales a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 58,431 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 188,298 per year while the poor average 13,721, a ratio of 13.7 to 1.
Surveillance cameras are banned, punitive tariffs protect local industry, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, and deer are considered a delicacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aoual's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aoual was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Aoual's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Aoual's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Aoual's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Aoual's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Hermit" to "Apprentice".
- : Aoual's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Aoual relocated from Purgatory to Hsiao Han.
- : Aoual's influence in Purgatory rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Aoual's influence in Purgatory rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Aoual's influence in Purgatory fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".