“Follow my IG: thebenjaminpatrick” The Benjamin Patrick
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Capital||Sotheby's Institute of Art|
|Leader||The Benjamin Patrick|
The Art Museum of Appendia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Benjamin Patrick with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, lack of airports, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 2.341 billion Expressionists love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Defense and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sotheby's Institute of Art. The average income tax rate is 72.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Expressionist economy, worth 96.3 trillion Warhol Prints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Basket Weaving and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 41,119 Warhol Prints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, members of majority races are forced out of their homes to make way for Bigtopians, and there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Appendia's national animal is the Exhibit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Appendia changed its national animal to "Exhibit", its currency to "Warhol Print", its demonym to "Expressionist", its demonym adjective to "Expressionist", its demonym plural to "Expressionists", and its nation type to "Art Museum".
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, members of majority races are forced out of their homes to make way for Bigtopians.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, divorcees attending custody disputes tend to wear black-and-white zigzag patterns.
- : Appendia changed its national capital to "Sotheby's Institute of Art".
Endorsements Received: 50 » Turbeaux, Candlewhisper Archive, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Lura, Ashrah, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Frieden-und Freudenland, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, The Void Territories, Window Land, Canaltia, Taco Respublic, The Black Forrest, Blon Gre, Kawastyselir, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Novian Republics, Feladria, Artemis, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, Entitize, Ordand, Ziotah and Riverside, Bregaria, Caterasia, Hyon Delta, Ironic Remarks, Chilledsville, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Jutsa, Pen Blanityion, The Most Serene Republicans, Kannap, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Simbolon, Foir, New Ladavia, Ordealius, and Atsvea.