“Accountability, Empathy, Integrity, Justice”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
|Leader||Arc Ignius Rex|
The Free Land of Arclandia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Arc Ignius Rex with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, avant-garde cinema, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.161 billion Arclandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adminishire. The average income tax rate is 65.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Arclandian economy, worth 28.3 trillion digicoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 24,413 digicoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arclandia's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arclandia, religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention.
- : Arclandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Arclandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Arclandia, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Arclandia, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Arclandia, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports.
- : Following new legislation in Arclandia, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work.
- : Following new legislation in Arclandia, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Arclandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Arclandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Loftegen 3, Aflana, Custadia, Amertheria, Sveta Makreshanska Kraljevina, Aigania, Lazarene Ryccia, Auralon, Leonism, Inceptio, Capercom, Aaecilia, Nargorthia, Steel Vagabonds, Guiness Freaks, Arkanik, Glorious Society, Margandy, Burning Pants, Northern Rosary Isles, New Rogernomics, Axixic, The Salvation States, Rommanda, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Bobs raider puppet, Shaunborough, Port Flynt, Mainze, Darcaethir, Thetraxia, Denado, Darkium, Wishper, Sireco, Astalen, Ecchi Unlimited, The Daedric Lords, Meat Sandwich, Xracona, Nova Zemlya, Aleckandor, Mzeusia, Russiane, Dhan, Emperor PJ, Aguaria Major, Domais, and 5 others.Killer Kitty, Demonos, Caybow, Debussy, and Honeydewistania.