“Strength in Unity”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Cabo Wabo
|Leader||Lord High Admiral|
The Imperial Republic of Arconia Defender is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lord High Admiral with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 10.547 billion Arconians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arconia City. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Arconia Defenderian economy, worth 434 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,173 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, procrastination is a national sport, no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor, and troop transports blacken the sky as the military commences Operation Desert Ocean. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arconia Defender's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Jediism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arconia Defender was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Arconia Defender voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Arconia Defender voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : Arconia Defender voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Arconia Defender was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Arconia Defender's influence in Cabo Wabo rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Arconia Defender voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Kuriko"".
- : Arconia Defender voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
- : Arconia Defender voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Red Fleet"".
- : Arconia Defender voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Evil Wolf"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » 1 Chopped Liver.