“Purity, Frankness and Cohesion”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
|Leader||King Tarek III|
The Kingdom of Ardelark is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Tarek III with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, zero percent divorce rate, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic population of 825 million Ardelarkians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mintakaville. The average income tax rate is 43.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Ardelarkian economy, worth 30.7 trillion Kwarts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is 37,180 Kwarts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'Totally Not Partisan News' is a line item on the government budget, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, hazmat suits are a common Ardelarkian garb, and victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ardelark's national animal is the Sand Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, hazmat suits are a common Ardelarkian garb.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, 'Totally Not Partisan News' is a line item on the government budget.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, unruly children often visit adult websites when angry with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers.
- : Ardelark created a custom banner.
- : Ardelark lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to King Tarek III's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelark, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Einswenn, Ruinenlust, Verdant Haven, Daarwyrth, Atsvea, Terrabod, Difinbelk 2, Roless, Ransium, Middle Barael, Lura, Garbelia, Uan aa Boa, Hoochlandia, Novian Republics, Love and Nature, Cuillin, Lugnan, Jutsa, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Cat-Herders United, and Feladria.