“Hell is a cold place. Quite fun, actually.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The Socialist Syndicalist Union
The Federal Republic of Argin is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jacob Snow with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.206 billion Arginians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Uzoa Heights. The average income tax rate is 84.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arginian economy, worth a remarkable 1,533 trillion Curiqs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 166,625 Curiqs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Women give birth underneath so many blankets that the doctor can't feel the bump, saying "don't do anything that Jacob Snow wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, and late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Jacob Snow's questionably sane new coalition partners. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Argin's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Argin was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Argin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Argin's influence in The Socialist Syndicalist Union rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Argin's influence in The Socialist Syndicalist Union rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Argin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Argin's influence in The Socialist Syndicalist Union rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Argin relocated from APSIA to The Socialist Syndicalist Union.
- : Following new legislation in Argin, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Jacob Snow's questionably sane new coalition partners.
- : Following new legislation in Argin, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Argin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.