“Against The Odds. Semper libertas” Lucas Elm Yua
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
|Leader||Lucas Elm Yua|
The United Republic of Arjuna is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lucas Elm Yua with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, daily referendums, and digital currency. The compassionate, hard-working population of 3.023 billion Arjunans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hylan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Arjunan economy, worth 400 trillion Pacific Rupees a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 132,536 Pacific Rupees, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 400,602 per year while the poor average 34,141, a ratio of 11.7 to 1.
Arjuna is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, euthanasia is legal, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens, and major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arjuna's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arjuna's influence in Esra fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Arjuna created a custom banner.
- : Arjuna published "Emergency Elections" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Arjuna changed its national leader to "Lucas Elm Yua" and its motto to "Against The Odds. Semper libertas".
- : Following new legislation in Arjuna, major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason.
- : Following new legislation in Arjuna, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Arjuna, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Arjuna, Arjuna is increasingly belligerent on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in Arjuna, parents often leave their kids in the car while they attend mindfulness meditation sessions.
- : Following new legislation in Arjuna, several inches are being added to first class seating.