“Le Pays De La Libertť”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
Location: 10000 Islands
The Democratic Federation of Arpasia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by NatanaŽl Bonhomme with an iron fist, and notable for its smutty television, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.999 billion Arpasians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philippeaux. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Arpasian economy, worth 205 trillion Arpasian Raels a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 102,632 Arpasian Raels, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 361,374 per year while the poor average 21,105, a ratio of 17.1 to 1.
Millions of Arpasians are excellent swimmers, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people, small shoes often wash up on the beach, and religious people are committed to mental institutions for treatment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arpasia's national animal is the Buffalo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ispatian Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arpasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, religious people are committed to mental institutions for treatment.
- : Arpasia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, small shoes often wash up on the beach.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, millions of Arpasians are excellent swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, the Arpasian war navy contains an oddly large number of luxury yachts and cruise liners.
- : Following new legislation in Arpasia, matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold.