“Children of the Forest!” General Secretary Amaltheia Kouris
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Leader||General Secretary Amaltheia Kouris|
|Currency||people's republic drachma|
The People's Republic of Artemis is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by General Secretary Amaltheia Kouris with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.74 billion Artemisians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Elpida. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Artemisian economy, worth 610 trillion people's republic drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 106,298 people's republic drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The general public only knows their favorite politician's first name, Artemisians visiting rural Southern Stag Village can get their driving records clean for a small fee, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, and grim instructresses lead the unwillingly impregnated in chants of "it's all my fault" and "blessed be the fruit". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Artemis's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Artemis was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Dasche.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, grim instructresses lead the unwillingly impregnated in chants of "it's all my fault" and "blessed be the fruit".
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, Artemisians visiting rural Southern Stag Village can get their driving records clean for a small fee.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Artemis endorsed The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Artemis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Artemis was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Artemis endorsed The Green Technocracy of Uan aa Boa.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Canaltia, Turbeaux, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Novian Republics, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Feladria, Ownzone, Hyon Delta, Eryndlynd, Entitize, Reannia, Wantevolo, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Ordand, Love and Nature, Cheloboria, Lura, Appendia, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Pen Blanityion, Tscharva, Kawastyselir, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Crowacia, Effazio, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Myuscao, Foir, Doxstern, Ordealius, Uan aa Boa, Jutsa, and Dasche.