“Loyalty to the revolutionary motherland”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
Location: 10000 Islands
The People's Republic of Aryax is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, strictly enforced bedtime, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 302 million Aryaxians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arkanoviverna. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Aryaxian economy, worth 10.6 trillion units a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 35,194 units, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens have never heard foreign radio, Orca sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, blood stains the floors of the execution room and the hands of the state, and the government funds large training centres to turn orcas into functioning members of society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aryax's national animal is the orca, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, the government funds large training centres to turn orcas into functioning members of society.
- : Aryax published "[EPV]" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Aryax published "[OOC] What are all these tags? (Read first)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Aryax published "[OFFICIAL] Aryaxian Alphabet" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, blood stains the floors of the execution room and the hands of the state.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, Orca sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, citizens have never heard foreign radio.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, a government program is underway to revitalize Aryax's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.