“Strength Through Unity”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
The Empire of Atharia is a massive, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and vat-grown people. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.523 billion Atharians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Harper City. The average income tax rate is 66.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Atharian economy, worth 132 trillion Soliduses a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,027 Soliduses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Whenever pilots have to bail out the government bails out their company, the 'maybe not shock and awe' foreign policy initiative is showing promise, masterpieces by male artists are on display in the dumpsters behind the gallery, and businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atharia's national animal is the Peacock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, masterpieces by male artists are on display in the dumpsters behind the gallery.
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, the 'maybe not shock and awe' foreign policy initiative is showing promise.
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, whenever pilots have to bail out the government bails out their company.
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Atharia, life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average.
- : Atharia's influence in Force rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Atharia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Atharia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.