“Might Makes Right”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
Location: Devide by Zero
|Leader||Calvin the I|
The Republic of AtlaeXXII is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Calvin the I with an even hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 3.155 billion AtlaeXXIIians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Law & Order, although Healthcare, Education, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bulgar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44.9%.
The powerhouse AtlaeXXIIian economy, worth 280 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 89,007 bitcoins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 361,614 per year while the poor average 14,563, a ratio of 24.8 to 1.
Maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords, government officials say that if you close your eyes and wish really hard the budget deficit will go away, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and workers have seized control of the economy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. AtlaeXXII's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atlaeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXII, workers have seized control of the economy.
- : AtlaeXXII was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXII, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXII, government officials say that if you close your eyes and wish really hard the budget deficit will go away.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXII, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : AtlaeXXII's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : AtlaeXXII's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : AtlaeXXII applied to join the World Assembly.
- : AtlaeXXII relocated from International Support Alliance to Devide by Zero.
- : The Republic of While being confused with Feux Fauxia dismissed AtlaeXXII as Not Cat of Xuthein.