“A little bit magical”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Wizarding World of Avonhead is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Luna Lovegood with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.716 billion Avonwards are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christchurch. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Avewardian economy, worth a remarkable 1,042 trillion Gallions a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,018 Gallions, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are sent to either religious or secular schools, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, and engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avonhead's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avonhead voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?".
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Tsunamy, Pamela And Hepatitis, Curlyhoward, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Quiescent, Belschaft, Kringalia, Farengeto, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Luddinlande, Linguiniland, Wyatonians, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Freedwanda, Aywhyou, La Ascension, Escevola, Volaworand, Sedunn, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Lotadia, Concrete Slab, Jaxon, New Briantown, Aumeltopia, Lambdaland, Tsvetania, Beepee, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Paranoia, UnShleepd, Silberne Wache, The National Corporation, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, Abarri, Vincent Field, Kandorith, Xandev, Auphelia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, and 37 others.Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Staubsaugen, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, Akindom, Dasko, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Mew Nation, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Lakalvesoman, Changolandia, Ostanasia, PenguinPies, Higash, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Nowa Europa, Phanama, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Maeiland, Kuddles, Upper Tyrconnel, Ketathinamiri Islands, Qawe, Solega, Imperial Duck, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, and Mapico.