“Discipline and Order!” High Chancellor
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Allied Republic of Azazria is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by High Chancellor with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 8.504 billion Azazrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bürgstadt. The average income tax rate is 60.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Azazrian economy, worth 636 trillion Istroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 74,847 Istroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials go door-to-door educating about the dangers of pseudoscience, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, and the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Azazria's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azazria's influence in Istra rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Azazria's influence in Istra rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Azazria's influence in Istra rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Azazria's influence in Istra rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Azazria relocated from Balder to Istra.
- : Azazria was refounded in Balder.
- : Azazria ceased to exist in Istra.
- : Azazria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Azazria's influence in Istra fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Azazria's influence in Istra rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Superpower".