“A brighter future for all”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The United Socialist States of Baldova is a huge, genial nation, notable for its daily referendums, infamous sell-swords, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 269 million Baldovans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bastion. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Baldovan economy, worth 14.8 trillion Gold Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. Average income is 55,020 Gold Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, gambling is outlawed, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, and judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Baldova's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Baldova, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend.
- : Baldova endorsed The Empire of Nakayo.
- : Baldova was endorsed by The Empire of Nakayo.
- : Following new legislation in Baldova, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Baldova voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North East Somerset".
- : Following new legislation in Baldova, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Baldova, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Baldova, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Baldova, patriotic citizens simply tend to applaud rather than sing the nation's praises.
- : Baldova endorsed The Beerpublic of Joodey.
Endorsements Received: 117 » Alunya, Sinelona, Yaorozu, El Fiji Grande, Pallaith, Loutsland, Shadowrik, Territorio di Nessuno, Great Bights Mum, Zumlandia, Xzavia-Hjar, Black Templares, Sunto, Koda-Land, Kwaj, Glurponia, Ethnon, Selfgradatude, The Rhein States, Newpromisedland, Siwale, Shibutani, Guer Aike, Notyoutopia, Runeda, Corfad, Omnistria, Test for a new hope, Bearical, Shin-Hachioji, Frances Francis the First of France, Wilkshire, Trillius, Penrith, Pleroma Sans Romans, North Bratislava, Vincone Cae, Dar es Saalam, Destructive Government Endorsing System, 1 very fast endotarter, Torakuen, Cuyan, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Dreadton, Napnomadia, Utopicican, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, Daiz, Federation Terra Australis, and 67 others.Tsardom of Leonlandia, PlanetPunk, Great Javadwipa, Sundred, Princely Irbis, Valhalla123, Juggernautilus, Tamgu, Zeternia, Sockmanland, Ostrolia, Abject Ludicrosity, Steampunk Ariel, New Bremerton, Sheldanada, Concordare, Maott, Lindsaystan, Amauri, Wineclaw, The Tampa Bay Rays, Wisconsota, New Octicarg, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Spartoptia, Lanterkint, Styrica, Elder Realms, The Derpercratic Empire of Derpiness, Chile Libertario, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, Moisus, Ibiscaton, Victoriaans Nederlands, Some Random TNP Nation, Quebekistand, Partax, Lomjia, Yabkhu, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Faircliff, Austurasia, General COE, Babacar, Fizban, Frie Annium, The Stratosphere Islands, Votak Matim, Miruma, Delmak, Orven, Guslantis, Solskjar, Ponantine, Malta Comino Gozo, Great Robertia, The Notorious Mad Jack, Racoda, Thoven, Aratani, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Tellavinna, Joodey, and Nakayo.