“Work hard and we might not kill you.” Milan Stojanovic
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The People's Republic of Banabistan is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Milan Stojanovic with an iron fist, and notable for its aversion to nipples, infamous sell-swords, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.359 billion Banabistanis are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, although Industry, Defense, and Education are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaempfstok. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Banabistani economy, worth 231 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 170,521 lire, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 818,747 per year while the poor average 20,737, a ratio of 39.5 to 1.
Foreign leaders who don't applaud Milan Stojanovic's speeches are regarded as enemies of Banabistan, parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Banabistan flights to avoid the pay lavatories, and epileptic patients switch their medications to whichever has a 'buy one get one free' offer. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Banabistan's national animal is the dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, epileptic patients switch their medications to whichever has a 'buy one get one free' offer.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Banabistan flights to avoid the pay lavatories.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children.
- : Banabistan endorsed The Dictatorship of Tellavinna.
- : Banabistan was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Tellavinna.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, foreign leaders who don't applaud Milan Stojanovic's speeches are regarded as enemies of Banabistan.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, citizens who don't attend the nation's massive military parades tend to disappear overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, summer science camps are regularly raided by narcotics police.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, the nation's most popular sport is sabotaging foreigners' hopes and dreams.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, skin-tone prom dresses are more unpopular than ever.
Endorsements Received: 146 » Fayyayid, El Fiji Grande, Alunya, Territorio di Nessuno, Notyoutopia, Corfad, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Ethnon, Loutsland, Acrabinnia, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Omnistria, Koda-Land, Destructive Government Endorsing System, New Pruessen, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Test for a new hope, Elder Realms, Shadowrik, Napnomadia, Sinelona, Kasazzastan, Ikea Rike, Shibutani, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Maott, Federation Terra Australis, Torakuen, Sunto, Kwaj, Malta Comino Gozo, Black Templares, Wilkshire, Trillius, Joodey, Dar es Saalam, Sheldanada, North Bratislava, Makersaulache, Jasminlandia, New Bremerton, Dreadton, Sundred, Guer Aike, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, and 96 others.Steampunk Ariel, Spartoptia, Constantinolia, Wineclaw, Conservadoria, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, Xentherida, Pasargad, Sil Dorsett, Amauri, Astrind, Ejhsa, Aratani, Ibiscaton, Lomjia, Solidair, Cinnibar, Holy Oranz, Siwale, Viridiann, Abject Ludicrosity, Glurponia, Zumlandia, Moisus, Babacar, Narwhal, Free Azzaca, Bananaaaaa, Ostrolia, Kobagia, The Serdey Islands, British Pacific Islands, Steraz, SORT, Xzavia-Hjar, Subjugators, Egalico, Sockmanland, Wisconsota, Seenvorland, Haor Chall, Utopicican, Bearical, United Non-Southern American Empire, Lindsaystan, Elestrum, Penrith, Soviet Terran, Rkainjel, Runeda, Pallaith, Vincone Cae, Cuyan, Orado, Daiz, Great Javadwipa, Princely Irbis, Scientific empire, Valhalla123, Juggernautilus, Tamgu, Zeternia, Concordare, The Tampa Bay Rays, New Octicarg, Lanterkint, Styrica, Newpromisedland, Dramanian, The Derpercratic Empire of Derpiness, Chile Libertario, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, Some Random TNP Nation, Quebekistand, Partax, McMasterdonia, Faircliff, General COE, Frie Annium, The Stratosphere Islands, Votak Matim, Delmak, Fizban, Miruma, Orven, Guslantis, Solskjar, Ponantine, Sea Ghost, Great Robertia, The Notorious Mad Jack, Racoda, and Tellavinna.