“Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The People's Republic of Bananaistan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 18.182 billion Bananamen hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shrone. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bananamen economy, worth a remarkable 1,927 trillion Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 105,987 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, and editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning. Crime is totally unknown. Bananaistan's national animal is the Ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Bananaistan was endorsed by The Republic of La Merced.
- : Bananaistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Bananaistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Bananaistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Bananaistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Bananaistan endorsed The Colony of South Bees.
- : Bananaistan was endorsed by The Colony of South Bees.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Ransium, Novian Republics, Ruinenlust, Canaltia, Eryndlynd, Ownzone, Love and Nature, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Feladria, Turbeaux, Caterasia, Window Land, Entitize, Reannia, Ironic Remarks, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Lura, Candlewhisper Archive, Verdant Haven, Ordand, Kinectia, Cheloboria, Appendia, Anachronolandia, Frieden-und Freudenland, Groenwald, Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Pythaga, Hyon Delta, Blon Gre, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, Paplia, Talgarth, and La Merced.