“Twirling Toward Freedom” Nguyen Throng Dutch
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
|Leader||Nguyen Throng Dutch|
|Faith||Church of Baguette|
The Nomadic Peoples of Banhmi is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nguyen Throng Dutch with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.052 billion Banhmians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baguette. The average income tax rate is 53.5%.
The all-consuming Banhmian economy, worth 629 trillion Coffee Powders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 89,317 Coffee Powders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Church of Baguette has been named as Banhmi's national religion, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, foreign leaders' Twitcher accounts are monitored for potential threats to national security, and the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Banhmi's national animal is the squirrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Baguette.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Crowned Republic of Jruhld granted Border Control authority to Banhmi and renamed the office from "Chief of Defence Force, EAF" to "Secretary of Defence and Homeland Security" in Emery.
- : Banhmi's influence in Emery rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : The Crowned Republic of Jruhld renamed the office held by Banhmi from "Chief Justice" to "Chief of Defence Force, EAF" in Emery.
- : Banhmi's influence in Emery fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Banhmi's influence in Emery rose from "Diplomat" to "Contender".
- : Banhmi's influence in Emery fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Banhmi's influence in Emery rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Banhmi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Banhmi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Banhmi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.