“To the glory of Bantan!” Fei Long
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Bantan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fei Long with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, humorless population of 2.367 billion Bantonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mei Fong. The average income tax rate is 67.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Bantanian economy, worth 212 trillion yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 89,852 yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, large sections of Bantan have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, and the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Bantan's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Shamanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bantan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Bantan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Queendom of Encurage.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, large sections of Bantan have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Bantan endorsed The Eight United States of Zukchiva.
- : Bantan endorsed The Queendom of Encurage.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Elejamie, Fedele, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Danesopia, Bachtendekuppen, Aelitia, Am Echad, Adavan, CopyCato, Roissyland, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Hizuru, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Just Vale 2, Plazland, Funkadelia, Eagas, Republic of Berzerkistan, Goodnamesarerare, United Luka, East Malaysia, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Marrico, Axdel, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Davelands, Kriov, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, Someseni, Commodore Badger, and Encurage.