“Unus pro omnibus et omnes pro uno”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.301 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 81.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 870 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 263,662 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Third world countries are rich in "I Love La Hogue" t-shirts, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, children must make a homemade spinach and ricotta rotolo by high school or be held back, and it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Free Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, children must make a homemade spinach and ricotta rotolo by high school or be held back.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, third world countries are rich in "I Love La Hogue" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, cute fluffy little Andrew IIS are increasingly popular exotic pets.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, Blueriver mercenaries routinely do the army's dirty work.
- : Barfleur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 89 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Osterreich und Ungarn, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Matdor, Marrabuk, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, Talitoa, Tretrid, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dark Edgyness, and 39 others.Rohanland, Tshana, Headpat Central, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Kaigi, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Bai Lung, Drunken Seal Islands, BuciLand, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Slonful, Gyp Land, Castle Federation, La xinga, The Solar Ottomans, Slys Paws, New Leganes, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Neue Leipzig, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Urimel, Ephem, Modra, CopyCato, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Kavanos, and Propwash.