“One for all and all for one”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, free-roaming dinosaurs, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.845 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 617 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 216,907 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Illegal moonshine operations get taken out with laser-guided airstrikes, Thomas the Spank Engine is the most popular and controversial children's show in the nation, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's, and saying "don't do anything that Andrew II wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, saying "don't do anything that Andrew II wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, Thomas the Spank Engine is the most popular and controversial children's show in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, illegal moonshine operations get taken out with laser-guided airstrikes.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield.
- : Barfleur was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, back-alley circumcision clinics are popping up all over the nation.
Endorsements Received: 92 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Osterreich und Ungarn, Sericena, Stanisiti, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, and 42 others.Stumptopia, Talitoa, Tretrid, Quartzland, ArenaC, AngusEssa, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dark Edgyness, Rohanland, Tshana, Headpat Central, Coruh, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, Acronis, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Peoples Republic of GG, Kaigi, Aivintis, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Technocratic Tagalog, Raunch, Jakubonia, Bai Lung, Woodsind, Drunken Seal Islands, Oofery, Tseriesiscoming, Modra, TM-Jesselton, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Filipopol, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, and Rythawelerzi.