“Peace through superior firepower”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Bawtania is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 2.18 billion Bawtanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 90.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bawtanian economy, worth 301 trillion Almighty Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,087 Almighty Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bawtania's national animal is the Manatee, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Bawtania was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, there's a mortuary next to every Bawtanian restaurant.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, meat-eating is frowned upon.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Volaworand, Erinor, Saciu, Beepee, Anachronolandia, USNE2018, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Luddinlande, Wyatonians, Aumeltopia, Vincent Field, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Kandorith, Aywhyou, Jaxon, Jehenna, Auphelia, Sedunn, Whimichy, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Xandev, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, North Prarie, Wehraboos, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, Drugged Monkeys, Mew Nation, Sesteran, Tsunamy, Quiescent, Ostanasia, Agalaesia, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, The Solar System Scope, Lakalvesoman, Dasko, United Federated States of Omega, Tsvetania, Phanama, Ariankido, Aurcania, and 13 others.Kuddles, Qawe, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Churumduul, Solega, Qvait, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, and Mapico.