“He who sees the Dread Hawk, sees Death” Yuri Serbinaski IV
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: 10000 Islands
|Leader||Yuri Serbinaski IV|
The Borderlands of Belistien is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Yuri Serbinaski IV with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 20.763 billion Belistienians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belistien City. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Belistienian economy, worth a remarkable 2,371 trillion Beliens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 114,196 Beliens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, and older citizens lament over the loss of law and order. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Belistien's national animal is the Dread Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belistien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Belistien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Belistien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Belistien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Belistien endorsed The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Belistien was endorsed by The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Following new legislation in Belistien, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Belistien, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Following new legislation in Belistien, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Belistien, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Anollasia, Wysrod, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Medetas, Evertopia, Dustwind, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Zeklandia, Maconshinbernititte, Novegia, Solsevara, Krystalveil, Namakan, Faradova, Grimmywelsh, Kaltovar, Macrasetia, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Fractethyst, Reformed Imperis, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Hashari Darussalam, Houbur, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Jaegerpondonia, Bavhia, Lisokyo, Rotzka, Clialaad, United Kolance, Seranis, Pickens Nation, Mastodonia, Palman, DetroitSmash, Boroii, Dovant, Creeptopia, Republic of Libriano, The Snake Brotherhood, Striagro Uspil, and Iron Soviet.