“Fortius Quo Fidelius”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Dominion of Belotta is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 713 million Belottans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 26.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Belottan economy, worth 45.7 trillion Ibericoes a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,112 Ibericoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns, protestors are soaking piles of Ibericoes in blood to make a point about government incomes, giant beards and handlebar moustaches are increasingly popular, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime is totally unknown. Belotta's national animal is the Kodiak Bear.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belotta was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Belotta was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Belotta was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Belotta was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Belotta, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Belotta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Belotta was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
- : Belotta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Belotta was endorsed by The Peripherals of Paranoia.
- : Belotta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Aumeltopia, Wild Space, Saciu, Erinor, Amerion, Land Without Shrimp, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Agalaesia, Aidenfieeld, Academy of Umbrellas, Barabarom, Volaworand, Great Africans, Farengeto, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Anachronolandia, Luddinlande, Westoc Kinness, Ariankido, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, State of Iowa, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Upper Tyrconnel, Sesteran, Imperial Duck, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Quiescent, Paranoia, Benstralis, Phanama, Qawe, and Mapico.