“Pray The Goddess” Bolbon
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Beauty Land of Bilsa is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Bolbon with an iron fist, and renowned for its fear of technology, feral children, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 10.32 billion Bists are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Environment, although Education, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cëcims. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bist economy, worth a remarkable 1,458 trillion Bists a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 141,322 Bists, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials are phoning up good-looking celebrities to say they want to breed with them, kidnapping has become the latest get-rich-quick scheme, people forget to eat because they are too busy singing Bolbon's praises, and a plague of zealots has been unleashed on the streets of Cëcims. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bilsa's national animal is the Bubu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, a plague of zealots has been unleashed on the streets of Cëcims.
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, people forget to eat because they are too busy singing Bolbon's praises.
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, kidnapping has become the latest get-rich-quick scheme.
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Bilsa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Bilsa endorsed The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Unapologetic Feminists of Frieden-und Freudenland.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Turbeaux, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Appendia, Love and Nature, Ruinenlust, Lura, Feladria, Forgotten Beauty, Ransium, Canaltia, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Hyon Delta, Ordand, Ironic Remarks, Crowacia, Simbolon, Garbelia, Einswenn, Rivienland, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Myuscao, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Foir, Ordealius, Frieden-und Freudenland, and Jutsa.