“Let the darkness lead us into the light.” The Brain
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Spooky Wonderland of Blaash is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Brain with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.579 billion Blaashians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quasar City. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blaashian economy, worth 288 trillion Atoms a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 182,932 Atoms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, the entire entry for Blaash in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', and owning a really cute pet is grounds for immediate investigation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Blaash's national animal is the Mole, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, owning a really cute pet is grounds for immediate investigation.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, the entire entry for Blaash in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, the poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, the Blaashian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Blaash, machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter.
Endorsements Received: 100 » USNE2018, Yeldarbsland, Erinor, Beepee, Anachronolandia, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Awjan, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, Cuuldere, Linguiniland, Techganet, Saciu, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Aywhyou, Sedunn, Auphelia, Xandev, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Farengeto, Jehenna, Tsvetania, The Filippinas, Ariankido, Akindom, Wehraboos, Jahass, Tsunamy, Darakin, Barabarom, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Ostanasia, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Sesteran, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Stoniamera, The Solar System Scope, Upper Tyrconnel, Hanguk-Nippon, Pays de Loire, and 50 others.Edula, Quiescent, FreeFishers, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Negoshi, Phanama, Chew Zim, PenguinPies, Rebel-topia, Drystar, Si-topia, Myr Nyr, Westoc Kinness, Abarri, Aurcania, Centristvill, Sayet, Rabbitz, Vincent Field, Srevana, Jennaterra, Zaelith, Oreo States, Ketathinamiri Islands, Spearos, New Briantown, Higash, Land Without Shrimp, Omiri, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, The Worst army of, Qvait, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, World United, Kopashu, Paranoia, Kindfled, Phoenicia Kingdom, Los Lonley Boys, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Samogitija, Annie60, and Des Nak Neers.