|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: Glass Gallows
|Leader||Lord of the Pit|
The Black Weenie of Black Knight is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lord of the Pit with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 18.05 billion Black Knights are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of MTG. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Black Knight economy, worth a remarkable 3,874 trillion Black Manas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an amazing 214,657 Black Manas, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,990,720 per year while the poor average 2,184, a ratio of 911 to 1.
The new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps, and "To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Black Knight's national animal is the Horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Bad Moon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Knight's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Black Knight's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Black Knight was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Black Knight's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Black Knight's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Black Knight's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Black Knight altered its national flag.
- : Black Knight relocated from Lazarus to Glass Gallows.
- : Black Knight was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Black Knight ceased to exist in Balder.