“Progress By The People For The People”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Community of Blixtland is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.039 billion Blixtlenders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Blixtlandian economy, worth 190 trillion BXTS a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,648 BXTS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, private law firms are unheard of, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", and the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blixtland's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blixtland's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Blixtland, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Blixtland was refounded in Osiris.
- : Blixtland ceased to exist in Europeia.
- : Blixtland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Blixtland was endorsed by The Secular Republic of Pakistan 55.
- : Blixtland was endorsed by The United States of Caffeinated.
- : Blixtland was endorsed by The Galactic Corporate Empire of Mikkazuki.
- : Blixtland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Blixtland, kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun".