“We're the cooler version of Canada.” Finn Symons
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Nationstate of Blue Ottawa is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Finn Symons with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.768 billion Blue Ottawans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 84.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blue Ottawan economy, worth 209 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,451 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, and rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blue Ottawa's national animal is the Grey Jay, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blue Ottawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Ottawa, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Blue Ottawa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Blue Ottawa endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
Endorsements Received: 50 » BearStackof2015, Rhealaliit, Roissyland, H-Zhena, Axdel, Janoobi Jazair, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Marrico, Hizuru, Thyaclinia, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Angel of Charity, Wiranath, CheeseBurrito, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, VW53Aland, Roliganistan, Kangarawa, The United Neo American Union, America Mjolnir, Republic of Berzerkistan, Plazland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, United China Nation, Escade, Liberstankonia, Staynes, Sericena, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ballpit2, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, and Celannica.