“Victory through death, death through victory.” The Empress
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Blue Topaz is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Empress with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.698 billion Blue Topazians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of topaz fields. The average income tax rate is 53.0%.
The powerhouse Blue Topazian economy, worth 164 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 97,084 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's hospitals are criticized for caring more about profits than patients, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly, rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning, and abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blue Topaz's national animal is the sea turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Topaz, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Topaz, rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning.
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Blue Topaz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The Peripherals of Paranoia.
- : Blue Topaz was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Beepee, The National Corporation, Tsunamy, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Luddinlande, Techganet, Volaworand, Anachronolandia, Aguatania, Farengeto, Quiescent, Barabarom, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Awjan, Aumeltopia, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Concrete Slab, USNE2018, Auphelia, Sedunn, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, Xandev, Birdkeeper, Akindom, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, Republic Clovakh, Wyatonians, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Churumduul, State of Iowa, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Agalaesia, Upper Tyrconnel, Ostanasia, Ariankido, and 16 others.Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, New Briantown, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Rabbitz, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Breadstick Olympics, Paranoia, Mapico, Benstralis, Phanama, Romanus Terrae, and Qawe.