“Peace, Freedom, Equality and Justice”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Region That Has No Big Banks
|Capital||Plateau of Blustan|
The Eternal Democratic Republic of Blustan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.761 billion Blustani love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Plateau of Blustan. The average income tax rate is 67.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blustanian economy, worth 638 trillion GSS ☉s a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,822 GSS ☉s, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews, the housing market has collapsed like an overbaked Brancalandian souffle, there's no such thing as bad publicity, and vaccinations are mandatory. Crime is totally unknown. Blustan's national animal is the Snow Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blustan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Blustan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Blustan, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Blustan's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Blustan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".
- : Blustan's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks rose from "Handshaker" to "Envoy".
- : Blustan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Blustan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Blustan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibit Private Prisons".
- : Blustan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Yodle.