“Eat my cheese!”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The People's Republic of Bolshoy Syr is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Adams with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.722 billion Bolshoy Syrans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adamsgrad. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bolshoy Syrian economy, worth 272 trillion Karlats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 100,286 Karlats, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People can get away with murder these days, bitter pastors forced to officiate gay marriage 'accidentally' pronounce couples "husband and abomination", school football matches are usually five-a-side, and idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bolshoy Syr's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bolshoy Syr's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bolshoy Syr's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bolshoy Syr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Bolshoy Syr, idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs.
- : Following new legislation in Bolshoy Syr, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : Following new legislation in Bolshoy Syr, bitter pastors forced to officiate gay marriage 'accidentally' pronounce couples "husband and abomination".
- : Following new legislation in Bolshoy Syr, people can get away with murder these days.
- : Following new legislation in Bolshoy Syr, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Bolshoy Syr was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Bolshoy Syr ceased to exist in The United Federations.