“The Ring has no power over him”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Middle Earth
|Faith||The Divine Worship of Mashed Potatoes|
The Humble Dwelling of Bombadil is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Tom Bombadil with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 18.877 billion Bombadilians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Withywindle. The average income tax rate is 40.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bombadilian economy, worth a remarkable 1,524 trillion Goldberries a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,743 Goldberries, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Judges who serve for life or good behavior can expect to stay for a week, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up, the most common psychiatric diagnosis is to 'stop whining and grow up', and unsolved crimes are often pinned on veterans with PTSD. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bombadil's national animal is the Barrowwight, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Divine Worship of Mashed Potatoes.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bombadil, unsolved crimes are often pinned on veterans with PTSD.
- : Bombadil voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Bombadil voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Bombadil was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Horny Stud.
- : Bombadil was endorsed by The Community of Apouna.
- : Bombadil was endorsed by The Republic of Fearless Knight.
- : Bombadil was endorsed by The Principality of Gruffydd ap Llywelyn.
- : Following new legislation in Bombadil, the most common psychiatric diagnosis is to 'stop whining and grow up'.
- : Bombadil was endorsed by The Colony of Unicorn New England.
- : Bombadil was endorsed by The Colony of Aech En.