“Defense, Economy, and Dictatorship!” Boof
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Great Dictatorship of Boofian is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Boof with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.465 billion Boofsters are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cragtown. The average income tax rate is 53.0%.
The all-consuming Boofian economy, worth 335 trillion Boof Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 136,072 Boof Bucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, the government loves seeing the little people fight, to 'cut off family ties' is no longer just a phrase, and an increasing number of citizens believe the world is flat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boofian's national animal is the Happy, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Boof-ism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boofian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Boofian was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Agualia.
- : Boofian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Boofian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Candensia".
- : Following new legislation in Boofian, an increasing number of citizens believe the world is flat.
- : Following new legislation in Boofian, to 'cut off family ties' is no longer just a phrase.
- : Following new legislation in Boofian, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Boofian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
- : Following new legislation in Boofian, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association.
- : Boofian's influence in Libertas rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
Endorsements Received: None.