“Remains one step ahead” Batran
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Geniocratic Republic of Brabrantium is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Batran with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.598 billion Brabrantines have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canterlott. The average income tax rate is 93.7%.
The all-consuming Brabrantine economy, worth a remarkable 1,341 trillion Bit Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Gambling. Average income is 85,980 Bit Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The number of students attending university has reached a record high, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, and mandatory spouse selection pairs elderly apparatchiki with stunningly beautiful supermodels. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brabrantium's national animal is the Pegasus, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brabrantium's influence in Mapperdonia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Brabrantium's influence in Mapperdonia rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Brabrantium relocated from Balder to Mapperdonia.
- : Brabrantium was refounded in Balder.
- : Brabrantium ceased to exist in Mapperdonia.
- : Brabrantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Brabrantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and Highest Economic Output.
- : Brabrantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and Largest Governments.
- : Brabrantium was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending, the Top 5% for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Advanced Defense Forces, and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements and Most Developed.
- : Brabrantium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.