“Prosperity For The People, Glory To The Empire!” Emperor Romberg DeMoza
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
|Leader||Emperor Romberg DeMoza|
The Democratic Empire of Braghz is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Romberg DeMoza with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 862 million Braghzians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bordeaux. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Braghzian economy, worth 108 trillion Bargs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 125,536 Bargs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 369,430 per year while the poor average 33,587, a ratio of 11.0 to 1.
Teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries, new cases of Asbestosis are cropping up as quickly as hospitals can deal with them, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, and citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Braghz's national animal is the Braghzlan Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Braghz, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios.
- : Following new legislation in Braghz, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
- : Braghz endorsed The Ghost of Delegate Past of Pallaith.
- : Braghz endorsed The Federation of Ethnon.
- : Braghz endorsed The Kingdom of Vincone Cae.
- : Following new legislation in Braghz, new cases of Asbestosis are cropping up as quickly as hospitals can deal with them.
- : Following new legislation in Braghz, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Following new legislation in Braghz, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub.
- : Braghz was endorsed by The Republic of Huks Gares.
- : Following new legislation in Braghz, subscribing to the Benevolence Society for Impoverished Leaders is an effective way to dodge the draft.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Alunya, Notyoutopia, Miruma, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Jancukishou, New Bremerton, Loutsland, Xagill, Yaorozu, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Guer Aike, Spartoptia, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Dreadton, Wilkshire, Omnistria, North Bratislava, Sundred, Koda-Land, Amauri, United Kahndaq, Loli County, Newpromisedland, Selfgradatude, Makersaulache, Aratani, 1 very fast endotarter, Federation Terra Australis, Kranostav, The Tampa Bay Rays, Holy Oranz, Clan Spaniel, McMasterdonia, Shadowrik, PlanetPunk, Zumlandia, Dar es Saalam, Gnomewatchers, Angshire, Neworva, Sockmanland, Pasargad, Glurponia, Steampunk Ariel, Orado, Sea Ghost, Racoda, and 45 others.Yukti, Idumetala, PotatoFarmers, Germanic Araya, Penrith, Abject Ludicrosity, Nothru Lerple, Empy, Wisconsota, Pazair, Phoeba, The Iron Lions, New Octicarg, Wineclaw, Nordic-British Union, Rosewood-, Sunto, Seenvorland, Duerrlewang, Viridiann, Vincone Cae, Black Templares, Daymonskinner, Kulgatha, Dabarastan, Ethnon, Runeda, Parmovand, Frances Francis the First of France, Zyvetskistaahn, Afcon, Kasazzastan, Daiz, United Anglo-America, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Maott, Siwale, Pallaith, Terban Kedah, Eravonia, Xentherida, Lunr, Ravendi, Destructive Government Endorsing System, and Huks Gares.