“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Brence Eng is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The HMFIC with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.1 billion Brence Engians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Defense, and Administration are also considered important, while Welfare and Public Transport receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brenton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.2%.
The all-consuming Brence Engian economy, worth 211 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 100,697 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 305,286 per year while the poor average 25,828, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
Museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts, the moon's craters are more numerous every day, BE-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, and class action lawsuits have gone up in smoke thanks to government interference. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Brence Eng's national animal is the panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Commonwealth of New Farsistan.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Fruity Republic of Pisqantinsuyu.
- : Brence Eng was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Brence Eng was endorsed by The Confederacy of Eagas.
- : Brence Eng endorsed The Pacific Coast Highway of Avakael.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Thyaclinia, H-Zhena, Marrico, The Happian Union, Brotherland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, Wiranath, Squid Ruinosa, The Angel of Charity, Hizuru, Arkantis, VW53Aland, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Roissyland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Escade, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Asendavia, Eagas, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ramaeus, and Marrabuk.