“I Vow thee to my country”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Governor Alford Salisbury|
The May St Wood Pigeon Save Us of British Calradia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Governor Alford Salisbury with an even hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, unlimited-speed roads, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 5.61 billion Calradians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dhirim. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.6%.
The frighteningly efficient British Calradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,042 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 185,754 Pound Sterlings, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 564,863 per year while the poor average 47,439, a ratio of 11.9 to 1.
Liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world", foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, gun ownership is compulsory, and engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. British Calradia's national animal is the Dhirim pigeon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : British Calradia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : British Calradia lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in British Calradia, engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats.
- : Following new legislation in British Calradia, gun ownership is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in British Calradia, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in British Calradia, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world".
- : British Calradia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Rudest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Republic of Oerkar.
- : British Calradia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Following new legislation in British Calradia, Maxtopian slaves are routinely sold as an optional extra for household appliances.
Endorsements Received: 148 » Wiranath, Peatiktist, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Dreamersistan, Socialist Holy American Empire, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Unger under over, Kangarawa, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Hizuru, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Bytes, Dark Edgyness, Squid Ruinosa, Headpat Central, Imperial Akatsuki, Bullpups, The Solar Ottomans, United China Nation, Talitoa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Wizardonia, Bai Lung, Amjedia, Drunken Seal Islands, Elejamie, Kaigi, Gorbastan, CopyCato, ReeK, The Empire of Rijelv, Kelsyth, Norport, Wanabe, Galve, Biggstonia, Urimel, Goodnamesarerare, Trimmania, The New Wisconsin Empire, Ridann, New Birblands, Lanagon, Am Echad, Propwash, Blobbo, Kagorg Bra Corna, and 98 others.Adolanta, Kucia, New Leganes, Squarist Republic of Squaria, The Almighty Country, Endertopias, Eagas, Slys Paws, Broengtopia, The island of Kiria, Pakitsk, Osterreich und Ungarn, Axdel, Neruch, Adioration, Constructbegin, Enlil, BearStackof2015, Euricanis, The Buckeye States, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The United Asian Republics, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Rhealaliit, Plazland, Liberstankonia, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Grossvietnam, Styklelilere, The Death Syndicate, Matdor, Servants of Gizmo, Firenation91, Marrabuk, Evrigenis, Merlovich, East Malaysia, La xinga, Zukchiva, FreedomIand, Fellon, Republic of New India, Trulu, The Militarius Imperium, The Eternal Land of Jong, Azureano, Lingu, Todd McCloud, Rohanland, Ripsylvania, Distro-Spartica, Tretrid, Freedomindia, The Three States of Fortuna, Yuritoria, German South-East Africa, Roissyland, Khadah, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Staynes, Sovietsoyuz, Under Sea Desert, BuciLand, A mean old man, Arkalarius, Shavara, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Chriona, BattleCats, Zidium, Felsinki, Gyp Land, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Volinovia, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Kosmanza, Azakhuland, Horn of Havenkaap, Castle Federation, Samaltak True, Sunsistan, Yelkinam, Neue Leipzig, Gormhuth, Asendavia, Strelizia, Royal Hampshire, Rawdank, Sokala, Flying Snow, and Oerkar.