“Bite like a bumblebee, sting like a staffy”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Jingoistic States of Bumblegaria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Bee with an even hand, and remarkable for its lack of airports, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 2.629 billion Bumblegarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bumdon. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bumblegarian economy, worth 247 trillion Staffinkies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Basket Weaving. Average income is 94,105 Staffinkies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bumdon has become the number one destination for urban exploration in the South Pacific, the Bumblegarian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs, and new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bumblegaria's national animal is the Bumblebee, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is BeeNiceism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bumblegaria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 5% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, the Bumblegarian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, Bumdon has become the number one destination for urban exploration in the South Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name.
- : Bumblegaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Bumblegaria, the endangered saltwater humpback Bumblebee is only seen in captivity programs.
Endorsements Received: 142 » Aidenfieeld, Saciu, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Erinor, The Filippinas, Volaworand, Aurcania, Wehraboos, Zaelith, Dasko, Farengeto, Barabarom, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Hanguk-Nippon, Qvait, Land Without Shrimp, Luddinlande, New Briantown, Sedunn, Xandev, Imperial Duck, Amerion, Empa Aserium, Jehenna, Tsvetania, The Tecorogan Federation, Direwolf1, Mapico, Curlyhoward, Astraee, Yeldarbsland, Darakin, The naked people, Bear Connors Paradiso, Ancient Slobovia, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Auphelia, Nueva Alta California, Bleakfoot, Noveos, The Solar System Scope, The United Expanse, Theorin, Tsunamy, Omiri, PenguinPies, Corgitopiaa, Terran Draconia, and 92 others.Bawkie, Techganet, Kandorith, Drystar, North Kanuckistan, Poopisiya, Antarctic Empires, Seliyan progressive Islands, Ebonhand, Centristvill, Kringalia, Holy Free, West Pastafaria, Blaash, Sau Man Frescher, Soem, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Changolandia, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Rebel-topia, Sthalrim, Westerlonia, Ralphburg, Moonshining, Sanden, Elan Sleazebaganno, Jimburna, Baltenlands, Marinho Islands, Compli, East Nagaland, ChickenDome, Shefino, Markla, The Worst army of, Sumalyo, Fasire, Solianz, Laamiva, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, St Oaks, Nowa Europa, Well F, Trepsit, Andinla, Stoniamera, Sandaoguo, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, Avia Lavanda, Weburya, Midand, Concrete Slab, Vega Naothia, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Belschaft, Catillos, North Catimestistrianes, West Fallows, Springhollow, Alfama, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Trinennie, Merevane, Terreno Travato, Tepertopia, Abarri, Philippinia, House Ahsanul, Qawe, Phanama, Implosmia, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, Brunier, Doraya, Klobitien, Kaoia, The land of Hades, Zataras, Ofaria, Seythennia, Vanbella, Integria, Eskvenn, Novum Sina, Ferrhibium, and Jazzfrezia.