|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Federal Republic of Byakko is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by William Fisher with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, pith helmet sales, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.311 billion Byakkans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Francis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25.2%.
The thriving Byakkan economy, worth 242 trillion Byakkan Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 104,990 Byakkan Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, protecting the land is holey work, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, and the government is known to care more about its buildings than its people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byakko's national animal is the Pelican, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Byakko lodged a message on the Erruwon Regional Message Board.
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Byakko's influence in Erruwon rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Byakko relocated from The Rejected Realms to Erruwon.