“In hoc signo vinces”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||Justinian and Theodora|
The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Justinian and Theodora with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, infamous sell-swords, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 31.913 billion Byzantians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Law & Order, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 4,548 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 142,540 bezants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
There is a growing belief that mothers love their children more than fathers, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests, artists are pillars of society, and cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, there is a growing belief that mothers love their children more than fathers.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, protestors are soaking piles of bezants in blood to make a point about government incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Byzant was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Byzant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the state believes that children are what you make of them.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, a degree in Justinian And Theodora Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Sarotte, Romosia, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Panormia, Unibot III, UKIMAR RBON, Cleo and Topaz, Zyonn, Melon feud, Zavea, The Pacific Caliphate, Hardscrabble, Fitzgeraldland, Rubian Empire, Aggro, Euroanatolian Greece, Emeseses, Pettlland, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Razorback, Aqueira, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Alkasia, Star Kingdom, Marilyn Manson Freaks, Holleynaga, Kyorgia, The Land of the Dark Immortals, Kildareia, TorNaGul, Doormat to the Lord, and Stantal.