“In hoc signo vinces”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||Justinian and Theodora|
The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Justinian and Theodora with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, fear of technology, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 33.476 billion Byzantians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 1.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 5,127 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 153,161 bezants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?", the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons, and the fate of the world literally rests on Justinian and Theodora's fingers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Byzant was endorsed by The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind.
- : Byzant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the fate of the world literally rests on Justinian and Theodora's fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?".
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, people think garlic bread counts as one of their "five a day".
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Byzantian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, agricultural science is the most competitive subject at universities.
- : Byzant endorsed The Confederation of Thuringia Reich.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Sarotte, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Panormia, Unibot III, Melon feud, Zavea, The Pacific Caliphate, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Rubian Empire, Aggro, Euroanatolian Greece, Emeseses, Pettlland, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Aqueira, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Doormat to the Lord, Dead I Jack, Magrinia, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, United Kraven, Zerentopia, Delight, Greater Cesnica, Fragmented Spero, North Comunist Awelanius, Visionary Union, Aandruzognivia, Morover, Nation of Urie, Razorback, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Arinteriswith, Crazy Firemen, Nakena, Lansaka, Agalaesia, Thuringia Reich, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, and A Leaf on the Wind.